Advertisements:

Issue: Thin White Line On Side Of Display On Toshiba T110

I just started using this toshiba t110 yesterday. The monitor has a 1mm white line on the left side that starts 3cm down from the top and stops 4cm from the bottom. Not really in the way, but definitely something that should not be there. Tried adjusting the display size and restarting to no avail.

View Full Post With 4 Replies

Related Forum Messages:

Please Follow Index to Quick Jump to the Message.

Explorer Issue - Cannot Open Two Windows Side By Side

Im trying to open two windows for my d: drive, however when i open windows explorer and try this it always just goes to my already open d: window. It wont let me open two windows that both display d: drive. And as side note this is retarded that it wont let me open two window explorer windows side by side that display d: drive

Posted On: 2009-10-08 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

View Two Folder Windows Side By Side

How to click windows together? I have windows 7 home pre. How can i click two folder windows together to view them side-by-side?

Posted On: 2010-02-16 . View Related Posts . . View 3 Replies .

Printer Keeps Going Off Line

I just did a clean install of 7 pro on customers laptop and everytime she shuts it down and turns it back on the printer is offline, we have to remove and reinstall, everything works till you shut it down again. Hp psc 2400 series printer is a usb attached to dlink print server, the printer is not shared. Laptop is wireless. Never had this issue with running xp. I have installed many network printers and have never had this issue. With xp i was able to choose ip address to print to printer now i have to pserverhp2400. Customer is not happy!

Posted On: 2009-11-24 . View Related Posts . . View 4 Replies .

Line In Not Working

I'm running windows 7 home pro, on an asus pt6 motherboard and i just can't get and sound from my line in. I bought a cable to test just getting sound in from an mp3 player as i'm doing a visual performance on wednesday and need the line in from the mixing desk.

I've downloaded and installed the realtek hd audio drivers multiple times and still can't get it to work, maybe i have a broken lead? I've made sure that the line in is un muted, and turned all the way up, make it the default device, and selected listen to this device to see if that works but still nothing. The sound on the rest of my system is working fine.

Posted On: 2010-03-05 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

No Sound On Right Side

I checked & it has the latest drivers. All new system. It's a realtek high definition audio card. This is exactly what happened. Both speakers worked fine. I plugged my headphones into the right speaker. No sound came through the right side of headphones. I unplugged headphones & right system speaker has been dead ever since.system check of speakers & sound card say that everything is working properly of course. But it is not. Only left side works. The speakers are plugged into color-coded ports green to green port & pink to pink port. Your information was helpful but wouldn't fix the problem.

Posted On: 2010-02-03 . View Related Posts . . View 5 Replies .

How To Turn Off Monitor Via Command Line ?

How can i turn off the monitor (i.e. , "Put it to sleep") via command line at the push of a button (or any other shortcut not requiring additional software)? I don't like it when, after a pause working on my pc, the screen turns itself off as set up per "power options" on the control panel. That's why i set the threshold fairly high.

Still, when i know i won't be needing the computer for a while, i want to save power and wish the sleep mode could be activated immediately. Turning the display off is not an option, since it has an integrated usb-hub - turning it off completely would disconnect any connected device. Usually though the computer still runs and might need the connected resources.

Ideally, by pushing a button (or starting a program or something), the display would immediately go into sleep mode.

On systems before vista and 7, iirc, executing a command along the lines of:

Rundll32.exe user32.dll, sendmessage (hwnd_broadcast, wm_syscommand, sc_monitorpower, 2);

Would do the trick. The dll would execute the command to put the monitor to sleep. One could create a shortcut or even integrate the command into a batch file, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work on vista or 7.

Does anybody have an idea on how to do this on windows 7? I would very much try to avoid having to install any additional software to help me out. (There are quite some small applications around, even free ones, that promise to do just that, but i would like to avoid them if possible. And i cannot believe that something this basic that could be done on xp cannot be done anymore on 7!)

Posted On: 2010-03-14 . View Related Posts . . View 9 Replies .

Line In Monitor Extreme Latency

On all my previous windows installation (windows 2000 home/pro, windows xp home/pro), i have been able to plug in a guitar into line-in and monitor is without latency through the speakers. This means playing and hearing is in real-time.

In windows 7, there's a latency of 180+ms. On the same hardware, i used xp and it didn't cause issues. I upgraded to windows 7 and latency is thru the roof. I have used microsoft provided drivers from win install and vendor provided drivers that came with mobo. No change.

Is this something to be deal with in windows 7 or am i overlooking some setting? I have been doing this since almost 2004 without issues on previous version. Does the windows sound management not provide a direct fast monitor signal?

Posted On: 2009-07-20 . View Related Posts . . View 73 Replies .

Line-in Sound Delay While Recording

Line-in sound delay in windows 7 - how can i bypass the aspect of windows 7 that converts analog -> digital -> audio signals? I have a hardware setup that i have run exactly as it is on xp and did not detect a delay, and many musician forums describe this issue with windows 7. More precisely - i plug my guitar into my sound card, onboard or my additional pci card, either has a delay between when i pluck the strings to when i hear the sound and it is impossible for me to record.

Posted On: 2010-02-28 . View Related Posts . . View 4 Replies .

Monitor Flickers On Side

My monitor flickers on on side. It's an old monitor about 6 years old. I know new monitor is a perfect fix but can't afford that at present. Ny suggestion?It's a samsung monitor. Windows 7 ultimate, 32-bit.

Posted On: 2010-05-24 . View Related Posts . . View 11 Replies .

Second Monitor Wrong Side

I have windows 7 rc installed with dual monitor, works great. The only issue is that to access the second monitor i have to move the mouse pointer to the left direction. I hate that. I would like to move the mouse to the right to access the second monitor. Is any way that you can change the direction to access the second monitor? As i am wright handed i found annoying feature having to move the mouse to the left to access the second monitor. I used vista previously and the second monitor was accessed pointing the mouse to the wright. Is any particular reason that the mouse needs to be pointed to the left in windows 7?

Posted On: 2009-07-21 . View Related Posts . . View 4 Replies .

White Screen On Login

I am running a toshiba satellite portable computer. Upon logging into the admin user account the screen goes white and stays white. Unlike other people i am unable to get the task manager, my only options are lock, switch user, log off and change a password. I am fixing this for a friend and have never encountered this type of issue before. Safeboot results in a black screen with nothing ever happening. Same with command prompt.

I suspect it has something to do with a process starting up. Install discs are not available as this machine is roughly 3 years old and have been misplaced. Just looking for a way even if temporary to at least get the files off it i need so i can wipe the system. I hate vista with a passion. Anyone's quick and speedy response would be great!

Posted On: 2010-01-25 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Error - Message From Webpage Out Of Memory At Line

I am running ie 7 in kiosk mode connecting via hdmi to an lcd tv. The system runs a real estate web page that shows 1 large and 2 right side small pictures. I am getting an error message that says "message from web page out of memory at line 212". Since this is an unattended computer, it has to be rebooted to clear the error.

It is a brand new dual core pentium with 2gb of ram and is set to automatically reboot on power outages, with no bios warnings. Virtual memory settings are windows managed. Is there a known cause for this issue or a workaround? I am going to set it up to automatically reboot every night and would also like to get a program that will automatically refresh ie 7 without intervention.

Posted On: 2009-10-19 . View Related Posts . . View 6 Replies .

Script Error Line 30 - File Location

I too am receiving an error continuously as follows:

Line 30
Char 3
Error library not registered
Code- 0

Url:file://c/program%20filedell%20si[[prt%20center/ss command/common/in/ss/shellinclude.js

Do you want to continue y or n i click no and can usually use computer, but some times pages wont load at all. Is this the same problem or do i do something different then offered to others

Posted On: 2010-06-25 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Record Using Line In With Dell Inspiron 1520

I am attempting to record through line in. I have opened up my recording devices menu, and i have two options: microphone and line-in. I have selected line-in as my default device, and it has the green check mark symbol, which i assume means that it is enabled and working. Despite this, however, the monitor level to the right of line-in does not respond to noises. Instead, i hear noise from the computer's built in microphone, the microphone monitoring level reacts to noise, and when i mute the microphone, it mutes everything.

Does the green check mark not mean that i am actually using the line-in?If it matters, i am running windows 7 ultimate on a dell inspiron 1520 with an onboard sigmatel sound-card. I understand that most people have had numerous problems with dells with sigmatel cards, but 7 seems to have fixed those problems, so i think this is a problem with the recording devices menu. Also, it appears that my drivers are up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can set things up to record with line-in?

Posted On: 2010-05-23 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Black Screen With White Mouse

I have a black screen with a white mouse when i power on. It shows the 4 colors in the square thing says starting windows, then goes to a black screen with a white mouse. After force shutting down, it gives me safe or regular mode. I tried safe, safe with networking, and safe with command prompt, and still nothing. The only reaction i got was from pressing shift 5 times, i got the sticky keys box, but that's it. Please help me, my dad's in china and i need to talk to him over skype.

Posted On: 2009-12-30 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Black Screen White Cursor

I am having trouble with my windows 7. Im operating a toshiba satellite l305 series . When i power up my system i come to a screen that reads "windows error recovery' it also says "windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause" theres another paragraph and it gives you two options. "Launch startup repair" which brings me to a black screen with an arrow. The other "start windows normally" this eventually brings me to a blue error screen. Does anyone know whats causing this and have to solve it? Im a college student and desperately need my laptop up and running. Any hep is much appreciated.

Posted On: 2010-04-17 . View Related Posts . . View 4 Replies .

Hdmi Output Is Black And White

Built myself a screamer, core i7 920, gigabyte x58, 6gb triple channel ocz ram and a powercolor (ati) 5770. Got it running, hooked it up via hdmi to my sony bravia 40" and everything was sweet. After about a week, the color disappeared. I get color on the sony during post and the windows 7 (x64) logo but as soon as windows loads: no color on the sony. If i switch to vga, i get color. But it is a 30 foot run to the sony and i get ghosting via vga.

I have checked and rechecked all color and resolution settings in both windows and catalyst 10. 2 control panels. I was about to rma the video card but the color during post and windows startup makes me think it will do no good. I have been scouring google for answers but as yet i haven't found the answer.

Help anyone?

Posted On: 2010-03-02 . View Related Posts . . View 6 Replies .

White Noise Problem On All Sounds

I was in the middle of watching a movie in windows media center when the sound from the movie turned inexplicably into white noise. Window media center was the only application running. I restarted windows media center, but the problem persisted. I tried listening to the movie over both my speakers and a pair of headphones, but the white noise was the same either way. I tried resuming the movie in windows media player, to no avail. I restarted the computer, which did not help, and noticed that the system sounds were similarly overlaid with white noise. Videos, music, even the clicking-on-folders sounds were effected. I have been having the problem ever since, noticing no other existing computer problems.

I have been running windows 7 professional (a clean install, not an upgrade) for a couple of months now and have had no problems before this. I am confident this isn't a problem with my speakers, as the problem didn't go away when i listened with headphones. The only recently installed windows update addressed a problem with internet explorer (which i never use). If anyone could provide some insight or a possible solution, that would be greatly appreciated.

Posted On: 2010-01-23 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Grayish White Screen Of Death

Why is my computer crapping out with a grayish white screen of death. It used to be a blue s. O. D. I don't know what happened but it is failing too often and i have performed all the maintenance tasks and spyware checks and have found no improvement. Any thoughts?

Posted On: 2010-05-21 . View Related Posts . . View 3 Replies .

Cannot Get Snap To Work On Right Hand Side Of Monitor

Hp 9250 desktop, windows 7 professional, 64-bit, 21. 5 in monitor. I cannot get 'snap' to work on the right hand side of the monitor, left side works fine. Any ideas, solutions.

Posted On: 2009-12-14 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Lose Window To Side Of Monitor Screen

I need help with my new 22 inch monitor i received. When i load up a page and drag it to the right it goes on for ever. I some times lose my windows to the side of my screen. Is there a way for i can keep my windows in side my computer screen.

The monitor is acer - 23" wide-screen flat-panel lcd monitor - black

Posted On: 2010-05-07 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

White Desktop Background Error On Vista

I have a windows vista home edition. When i boot the desktop looks normal but after a couple of minutes, the desktop is being blocked by white background. I tried scanning using ms security essentials and it successfully removed found virus. I cannot personalized the desktop anymore as it is blocked. When i right clicked the desktop, the normal personalized screen for desktop customization is not appearing. Still the white background is blocking the whole desktop.

Posted On: 2010-04-30 . View Related Posts . . View 5 Replies .

Hp Deskjet F4180 Print Only Get White Pages

I think i have a problem of the drivers of my printer (it's a hp deskjet f4180). My problem is that when i print i only get white pages. I am absolutely sure that my cartridge are full of ink, so i start thinking that there is some kind of a problem in the drivers or in windows.

Posted On: 2010-01-26 . View Related Posts . . View 4 Replies .

Hp Wireless Keyboard Side Key Functions Problem

My hp wireless keyboard has lost its "side key" functions since installing win. 7. The alpha/numeric keys work fine though.could it be a driver problem? Since installing win . 7 my hp keyboard doesn't work with all it's keys.

Posted On: 2009-12-12 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Computer Randomly Crashes - Screen Will Go To Black Then White

I recently installed windows 7 on my laptop and it was working great until it started crashing.

At first it only crashed when i was using pretty demanding programs but now it sometimes just randomly crashes when using music players etc, and i lose all my work.

When it crashes i'll just be working then the screen will go to black then white then flash back to the original screen, and it will do something like that for about 5 seconds then it shuts down and restarts.

When it turns back on i get a message that simply says windows has has an unexpected shutdown then it likely gives me some options to choose or something. I don't remember exactly.

Posted On: 2010-01-09 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .

Monitor Issue - Can't View Right Side Of Documents When Opened

I recently installed windows 7 and their is a 2-inch length on the left side of the monitor that is not being used, but instead is solid black. I can't view the right side of documents when opened. The monitor has looked like this since windows 7 was downloaded originally, but did not when windows xp was running.

Posted On: 2009-11-10 . View Related Posts . . View 3 Replies .

Toshiba Raid Driver

I'm trying to install windows 7 ultimate over vista and it all goes okay until it tells me to uninstall the toshiba raid driver due to compatibility issues). I have searched the device manager (apparently where this is supposed to be) and did a complete search of my hard-drive and i can't find this thing anywhere. I'm not familiar with the raid driver or what it does, so can someone out there help me find this thing so i can uninstall it and finish my installation?

Posted On: 2010-03-13 . View Related Posts . . View 3 Replies .

Toshiba A505-s6970 Problem

Ive upgraded my toshiba a505-s6970 from vista to windows 7. Everything is perfect but my touch panel doesn't work any more. Where the eco mode is found. Ive searched for its driver but i couldn't find it for 64 bit.

Posted On: 2009-10-24 . View Related Posts . . View 3 Replies .

Win 7 Upgrade When Available On Toshiba Laptop

I purchased a toshiba satellite laptop at best buy 3 months ago. The unit had vista installed and best buy said that i could get a windows 7 upgrade at n/c when available. I called best buy and they will install 7 for $40 (this was not disclosed when i purchased the computer). They then said i could download 7 for n/c on the microsoft web site. I've tried to do that with with no results. What can i do and what recourse do i have with best buy?

Posted On: 2010-01-13 . View Related Posts . . View 2 Replies .